April 27, 2013
The 5th '100% Renewable Energy Regions' Congress
24th to 25th September 2013 in Kassel, Germany
Regions and municipalities play a key role in the development of renewable energy. As a major energy consumer, a planning and approval body, a property owner and an example for citizens, they have significant influence on the supply of energy.
Many municipalities have shown that converting the supply of heat and electricity to renewable energy is already possible today. More than 130 regions and municipalities have set themselves the target of basing 100% of their energy supply on renewable energy in the medium to long term.The IdE Institut dezentrale Energietechnologien [institute for decentralised energy technologies] has been requested by the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety "to build a network of 100ee regions as well as to advise and support" the 100ee regions in the project.
The '100% Renewable Energy Regions' Congress is organised by the deENet Kompetenznetzwerk dezentrale Energietechnologien [competence network for decentralised energy technologies], the Agentur für Erneuerbare Energien [renewable energy agency], the Deutscher Landkreistag [German county association] and Klima-Bündnis [Climate Alliance]. The congress is sponsored by the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety with technical support from the Federal Environment Agency.
In the area of municipal conferences, the '100% Renewable Energy Regions' congress series is unique. With more than 800 participants, the event is Germany's biggest municipal congress for renewable energy in regions and municipalities. The congress is directed towards questions of the policymakers from the municipalities and regions relevant to implementation. These are addressed in the technical presentations, case studies, discussion forums and in the exhibition. Where possible, emphasis is placed on specific areas of action:
- presentation of results for the '100% Renewable Energy Regions' project, i.e. high level of practical relevance for policymakers,
- practical relevance is also enhanced by the corporate exhibition 'Market of Opportunities',
- the two-day event provides a platform for sharing personal experience – in many forums and on field trips,
- support by the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Federal Environment Agency and Forschungsverbund Erneuerbare Energien [renewable energy research association],
- the cooperation of deENet and the Agentur für Erneuerbare Energien [renewable energy agency] facilitates the practice-oriented presentation of scientific results.
Download as pdf.